We’re incredibly excited to be hiring a part-time team member to work with us on supporting teens across the country. Please check out the description below and let us know if you have any questions.
22×20 Youth Leadership Coordinator
Helmed by The LAMP (www.thelamp.org) and CIRCLE (www.civicyouth.org), the 22×20 (www.22×20.org) campaign aims to activate and facilitate youth voice and leadership in the democratic process.
22×20 is a groundbreaking national campaign that supports youth, building nonpartisan media literacy skills to interpret, critique, and respond to political messages as a critical step towards engagement.
Job duties will include:
- Managing key aspects of 22×20 campaign to activate youth voice in civic activity
- Oversight of 22×20 Youth Fellowship, including participation in and planning fellow elements of possible September 2018 summit
- Oversight of 22×20’s Social Media channels
- Coordination of the activities of each Youth Fellow/Leader
- Identification and Coordination of new local media outlets in Youth Fellows market
- Interacting with and understanding the needs of youth and the educators that serve them to inform 22×20 educator programming and materials
The ideal applicant has the following skills/qualities:
- Minimum 5 years of leading educational, youth-development and youth activism programming
- Has worked on public education, activism and political campaign
- Has conceived of and delivered programming to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated success in building and supporting a network of youth leaders from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Interest in education, media literacy and civic engagement
- Network Management experience
- Exceptional communication skills – especially with experience in social media
The 22×20 Campaign offers:
- A chance to help build an exciting and urgent campaign from the ground up
- An opportunity to help youth prepare for a world they will inherit
- An opportunity to be part of a landmark campaign whose goal is to bring youth voice to the center of our democracy
- Flexibility to work from home
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Executive Director D.C. Vito at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “22×20 Youth Leadership Coordinator position” in the subject line. Applications are being accepted immediately. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by June 25 in order to receive full consideration.
The LAMP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is located in a wheelchair accessible building. People of color, LGBTQ people, women, people with disabilities, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.